collectively all information that you submit toMellor Solicitors via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
We or us
Mellor Solicitor Limited Trading as Mellor Solicitors whose registered office is post Office Building, Rochdale Road, Royton, Oldham, OL2 6QJ.
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Mellor Solicitors and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Mellor Solicitors and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, Mellor Solicitors, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Mellor Solicitors is the “data controller”. This means that Mellor Solicitors determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.How we collect Data
5. We collect Data in the following ways:
Data that is given to us by you
6. Mellor Solicitors will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
7. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Keeping Data secure
8. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
10. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Your rights
11. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
12. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
14. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
16. Mellor Solicitors may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Mellor Solicitors.
19. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact Mellor Solicitors by email at email@example.com.